Deposits & Payments
A non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the total amount is due at the time of contract signing in order to ensure the event. The remaining 75% of payment is due no later than 120 days before the date of event. Any additional charges accrued during the rental will be due at the conclusion of the event.
Cancellations & Refunds
The 25% deposit is non-refundable. Payments beyond the deposit will be refunded at 50% for cancellations made prior to 60 days of the scheduled event date. No refunds will be issued for events cancelled within 60 days of their scheduled date. If Daoist Traditions/Heaven's Cloud Event Center is unable to fulfill its obligations as described in this rental contract, the event will be rescheduled, or a refund will be issued to the client. Should there be inclement weather, the event will continue as scheduled, unless you are notified that staff is unable to prepare for your event. If the staff is able to prepare, then the event will not be cancelled.
Heaven's Cloud Event Center supports local businesses and welcomes caterers, florists, entertainers, and artisans. All vendors will be arranged and managed directly by the client. Heaven’s Cloud Event Center will not hire nor be held responsible for failed fulfillment by any vendor. Decor plans should be clarified with the rental manager.
The client will be liable for any and all damages to the facility, grounds or equipment that occur during the event, except for accidents/damages that may occur due to negligence on the part of Daoist Traditions/Heaven's Cloud Event Center staff.
Our facility does not have an ABC license. If you plan to buy your own liquor to serve to guests, you must acquire a Limited Special Occasion permit through the NC Alcohol Beverage Control Commission (ABC). If you plan to serve wine and beer only, no permit is required. Visit abc.nc.gov for more information and application. A copy of the permit must be submitted to the rental manager prior to your event.
Right to Photograph
Daoist Traditions/Heavens Cloud Event Center reserves the right to photograph any event in a "non-specific" manner to obtain images of facilities in use for promotional materials and website photo galleries.
The client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Daoist Traditions Ltd./Heaven's Cloud Event Center and any of its affiliates, officers, directors, owners, representatives, agents, and employees ("Released Parties") from and against any loss, expense, claim, cause of action, liability, damage, demand, or cost of any kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) that may result directly or indirectly from any event, act, service, or omission related to this rental agreement.
Release and Waiver
For themselves, their heirs, personal representatives, assigns and invitees, the client hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the Released Parties for any and all claims or liability arising from the Released Parties' acts or omissions, the client's acts or omission, or the client's invitees' acts or omissions, including but not limited to any loss, theft or damage for any item(s) brought in and/or left prior to, during, or after an event held at the facilities.
Cloud Event Center General Policies
- Smoking inside is strictly prohibited. Smoking is allowed in the outside areas, providing that cigarette butts are properly disposed of and not left on the grounds.
- All clean-up, break-down, and rental pick-up must be completed within the allotted rental period, unless previous arrangements are made with the rental manager.
- Trash cans are provided. All trash must be in bags and tied at end of event. Heaven’s Cloud Event Center cleaning staff will be responsible for disposing of the bags.
- All lights are to be turned off after the event.
- No fireworks, sparklers, confetti, bird seed, or rice may be used on the property. All sendoff items must be environmentally friendly and pre-approved by the event coordinator.
- Indoor tables and chairs cannot be moved outdoors.
- All personal/rental items must be removed at the end of your event.
- Please refer to closing checklist provided to ensure proper closing procedures.
- Candles must be enclosed in glass holders.
- Nails and staples are not allowed when placing decorations. Please use tape, zip ties or floral/fishing wire. You are responsible for providing your own ladders, supplies, and set up equipment.
- Any fasteners used to hang decorations must not damage surfaces and must be removed at the end of your event.
- Nothing can be attached or hung from the ceiling, light fixtures or to any part of fabric canopy in the indoor hall.
- Any personal or rental décor must be removed at the end of the event.